Monday, March 7, 2011

Interview with My Second-Born

We spent some time this weekend reading old blog posts of mine from 2006. We came across an interview I did with Christian. He was seven years old, the same age Max is now. I copied the questions and gave Max the same interview last night. (Apparently, there is a lot of resentment towards teeth brushing in our house.)

What did you have for lunch today?
Let's see...oh yeah, um, Chinese food. Oh! Japanese food!

Where do babies come from?
Mama's stomach.

What do you like best about your parents?
They care for me, they care about me, and they love me.

If you could drive the car tonight, where would you go?
Gamestop.

What’s the best part about being a kid?
You don't have to do work. You're not really into, like, "We need to get our professor things more up!"

What’s the best part about being an adult?
You can do whatever you want and you don't have to sit there and be yelled at, like, "Brush your teeth, you fat lady!"

What’s the best part about being a little brother?
That you're more luckier than the older brother because the older brother always gets more made fun of when he does stuff wrong.

What do you like about your friends?
That they could play with me and I don't have to sit there playing with my brother only.

Name the three greatest inventions:
Video games, money, and care.

What do you like about girls?
Nothing at all. All they do is talk nonstop and think they're so cool and so better than boys.

What’s the worst part about second grade?
It's way harder than first grade and first grade's way funner. Second grade is fun, but first grade---Wow!---way funner.

What does it mean to be happy?
It means that you're just kind of normal and not like, "Heyyy! You brush your teeth!"

If you were going to write a poem, what would it be about?
I'm glad I'm on earth and I have all the things that I love, like video games and my family.

When will you get a job?
Probably about 21 through 32, because if you're a doctor you have 12 more years of school.

Describe a perfect meal:
Cheeseburger, fries, root beer, drumsticks, spaghetti, robin noodles, chocolate brownies, pumpkin cookies, and cake.

What’s the worst feeling in the world?
The worst feeling is when you're really sad or really, really, really mad. You know I was really, really, really mad one time? 

Are you a republican or a democrat?
Wait. What are those? 

What’s the best use of five minutes?
Play DS, have fun with mini puzzles, and sit down and relax watching TV.

What’s life all about?
Having a really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really good time.

16 comments:

Jesse C said...

That was amazing.

I'm a big Max fan.

Becky said...

So cute! In every way!

Kim said...

I wanna be 7 again. Life sounds so simple and fun.

Lindy-Lou said...

Can you republish Christians??
That was really, really, really fun.

Kelly Sparrow said...

I would love to read Christians! Can't believe they are almost 13!

Christy said...

LOVED it! Thanks for making me smile.

That last line- so profound!

readplayrun said...

freakin' awesome!!!!

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

"robin noodles" (tee-hee) :)

so cute!

Suzie said...

I've been a huge Max fan for years. I'm a lifer.

and I clicked over to Christian's interview.
Wow. they are different.

good luck.

Anonymous said...

So cute! I'm a fan!

Lindy-Lou said...

Oooops! There was the link to Christians all the time - even in red. Wow. They are who they are at 7. That was revelatory. And so very tender to Grandma.

Ginnie said...

I'm totally with him on the meaning of life, ha!

Hannah said...

Haha! I love the last answer. So true.

Unknown said...

I loved this Tiff. You'll be so glad you wrote these down when he's older. My kids love going to Game Stop too. And what's with kids and brushing their teeth? I think Max would get along great with my James & Jesse!

Unknown said...

Dan is Kelly...I will fix that....one day.

Mia said...

Those were so cute. And I love that they both mentioned ramen noodles! Makes me feel way less guilty about how often I feed those to my kids :) I just want to high five their cute 7 year old selves.

Related Posts with Thumbnails